Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chibi Pumpkin Crochet Pattern

I figured while I had a little time on my hands,I would post the pattern for my Chibi Pumpkins I've been making for the craft fair this weekend. First,I want to say this before I get to the pattern.
I'm offering this pattern for free,but please respect my copyright. This image and the written pattern belong to me,and if you want to sell anything made from this pattern,please contact me first. Thank you.
Okay,now to the pattern!




Chibi Pumpkin Crochet Pattern
Materials Needed:
light worsted weight yarn in brown for the stem,green for the vine,and in color of choice for the body
of the pumpkin
size E/4,3.50mm crochet hook
stuffing
a pair of scissors
a short piece of yarn to use as a stitch marker
a yarn needle
--------
stitch key:
sc-single crochet
scinc-single crochet increase
scdec-single crochet decrease
ch-chain
slst-slip stitch
st-stitch
--------
Pattern
--------
Body of Pumpkin:with color of choice,
sc 6 in ring
scinc around
sc1,scinc around
sc 2,scinc around
sc 3,scinc around
sc 4,scinc around
sc around for 4 rounds
sc 4,scdec around
sc 3,scdec around
sc 2,scdec around
sc 1,scdec around-begin stuffing,and continue stuffing
scdec around-Fasten off,and cut yarn leaving a long end. Finish Stuffing,and sew up the hole.
--------
Stem:using brown,
sc 6 in ring
sc around through back loops only
sc around for 2 rounds-Fasten off,and cut off yarn leaving a long end. Do not stuff the stem.Sew the
stem onto the top of the pumpkin where you began the body of the pumpkin.
--------
Vine:using green,
slst in a st at the bottom of the stem
ch 12
slst in second ch,(skip next ch,slst in next ch),repeat the sequence in the parentheses to the end of
the base chain
slst in the same st you slst in at the beginning of the vine-Fasten off,and cut the yarn. Tie together
the two ends,and pull the two ends through the pumpkin.
Finished!

I do have on warning about these pumpkins. They are very quick to make (in my opinion), so they may start to pile up in no time! Anyway,Happy Halloween Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment